Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday: 23 nov 08

This morning's long run was done at a relatively fast pace. Coach had instructed for 3 paces to be set at for the whole 15km...
luckily for me, Joe was there to pace me... it was painful but achieving and satisfying...
Thanks JOe... soon soon. You have to train up for a 4min per km pace soon... i a few years time, You will have to pace me at that pace I hope!!

after the run, we had an amazing talk with Vivian.. she guided us on some principles of running...

She said "to want to achieve results at a high level, your level of commitment must be on par and you must be able to give up certain things in life for it...it's not like studying where we can burn midnight oil and do last minute work... You CANNOT do last minute work for running..."

she mentioned that when you are lazing around, other people are training and that's where you lose out..
I totally agree with that.

That's why during several occasions at training previously, when it was heavy downpour, coach still insisted on us running in the rain. I can clearly remember the track work at SP and also the interval training at turf city where coach made us run under the really heavy down pour...

He said this too "when others are resting, you are training, this is where you stand an advantage..."

So dun be surprised if you see me running along the road in drizzle, rain or raining cats and dogs with lightning...
because to me, running plays a large role in my life and for it, everything else can go... except for one..

to me, running is a love, a passion, a dream. If you want something, work hard for it.
Beneath the thorns, there lies a beautiful rose .. you just have to go through the thorns and pick up that rose underneath it...

Life is full of ups and downs. training too.. you suffer, but in the end, the magic of training is, not only do you see your body conform into a nice and lean body, you learn to appreciate many more things in life too:)

No comments: