Wednesday, January 03, 2007

ULTRA MARATHON

I did my ultra marathon on Sunday... it was supposed to be a 7am to 7pm continuous run... but i reached macritchie at 930am..i woke up late and then was obviously late for the run... but the run can be start at any time...initially I only wanted to run like 2-3 rounds... one round is 10km... but then when I got there... my emotions got so high.. and then because Rongyang and Melvin came down to support me and accompanied me to run the first round.. din want to disappoint them then I ran and ran...and Andrew from my running club (Da ge as we called him)....accompanied me to run... gauge my running speed and also helped me to determine the number of rounds I can finished up till 7 pm... he gave me tips on how to run and I listened attentively... I was the youngest runner there and had a lot to learn... Da Ge accompanied me for 2 rounds and during the 2 rounds... he really guided me through and told me Ultra marathon is something about keeping your pace slow steady and right and not chiong all the way... he was really patient with me.. and i really appreciate him for giving me the advices.. without it i think i cannot ever finish the 60km...after 2 rounds.. he went home to accompany his wife... and then I continued...

I ran and ran... the first 3 rounds was easy.. keeping a good pace... but when I came to the 4th round.. i started to include some short walks... everything was still fine until the 5th round.. legs were sore.. calves and thighs began to cramp up... I had to walk every slope i see.. then I realised I had not eaten anything since the morning... and it was about 3 pm already... and because of the running I was feeling hungry for the first time... I finished my 5th round and then tried to force some food down my mouth... they bought chicken rice and I could hardly eat any chicken.. I only ate the rice... a few spoonfuls and then wanted to stop running but then Uncle Vincent asked me to run one more round... I could be actually the champion... then I ran... the last round... perpetually was walking the whole round except for the last 2 km.. I had a friend Berbard who walked the 6th round with me...we walked and walked.. I got irritated at times because I was really in pain... and I really din want to go so far.. but I had already started on the route and turning back was not a choice... I nearly wanted to cry because of the pain... but I just continued using the motivation from the Ipod... its the one JD passed to me to ease my boredom during the run... it was his motivation for me... I had to keep moving.. I still remember before leaving the house he said to me "dun run too much ah"... what was i doing!!!!!! haha run so many for what... FOR THE SAKE OF LOSING WEIGHT LA.. BECOME LEANER LA...HAHA...

at the end, I finished the race... and got a shock... my timing was actually 1st in position... but because I was late by 2.5 hours... I got pushed to 6th... the race starts at 7 am to 7 pm ... though i had used only 9 hours plus to complete the 6rounds... and the top five had use 10 hours to 11 hours to complete their 6 rounds.. my timing was added 2.5 hours ..penalty...haiz... and the prize for first prize is 2 pair of nike shoes, 1 nike bag and cash.... wah... it was really stupid of me.. wake up so late... but still I guess coach is satisfied with my run... he was happy that I won and did my best.. and me too.. at least I know the fact is I won.. prize dun matter...and i did lose 3 kg after that... ahah


BUT MY SHOES ARE DEAD BY NOW... SO POOR THING... THEY ACCOMPANIED ME THROUGH THE WHOLE RUN AND NOW THEY ARE DEAD...

No comments: