Thursday, January 04, 2007

races...


ha i just came back from Keming Primary school... went to meet the Principal... expressed my intention to do my teaching practicum in Keming and also to stay on and teach in Keming... and he was very pleased to have me there... he agreed to write to MOE to support my decision and invite me over to the school...hopefully everything goes on well... I still have to write to MOE and cc to the Principal and then he will write to MOE too... practicum starts in Feb and my teaching starts in July... I am so excited!
ahaah then now I went to friendster to copy and paste my races... ok races of 2006 and coming up races...

A new chapter of my 2006 training life has started with my coach ALEX:
-IVP Swimming 800m-3rd
-IVP Biathlon - 3rd for indi, 2nd for overall women's team and 1st for overall combined team!
-IVP track 3000m-4th
-IVP road relay- Team relay
- 4nd-IH track 4 x 800 first
-IH road relay- first!
-Surf and sweat- 1st for indi and 1st for mixed team
-KL marathon- top 20..
-Vertical marathon - 1st for indi and 1st for couple challenge
- MOE Swimming race-13th March, 50m free- 3rd, 50m back-2nd, 50m breastroke 3rd, medley-2nd, free relay- 3rd
- Singapore biathlon - 3rd for women's open (swim-30:13min, run 45:10min)
- SAAA cross country 1 April 2006
- 11th Indi and 2nd Women's team open
- Adventure Singapore 2 April 2006- 9th Mixed team open
- Interministry swimming race-400m free -1st(broken record!), 50m back-2nd & 4x50m medley-1st for team! 1st for Woman's overall and team !
- Interschool aquathlon- tertiary Woman's Indi-1st- 28th May
- kabung Baru Run 4.3km-Women's Open - 2nd
- 1st June- Golden Mile - 1.6km - 6:09min, 6th
- 4nd June-MR25 time trial: 4.8km at macritchie: 21:10min
-17th July - shape run- 15th-27th July
- Army Half Marathon :Women's closed 5th- 2nd Sept
- New Balance Aquathlon - 1st for women's open- 6th Sept
- NTU X-Campus Run- 2nd for indi and 1st for team!
- 7th Sept - IBG road relay - team 1st- 9th Sept
- Public Service Run - 5th for women's open...
- 23rd Sept - IVP 3km indi-2nd and 4 x400m relay 3rd
- 30th Sept - NIE Biathlon- Indi and Women's open cat- 1st, 2nd for mixed doubles
-29th Oct - Great Eastern race 10km -
- 4th November- Corporate Triathlon - 3rd for women's non profitable category
- 3rd Dec- Standard Chartered Marathon ( 21km )
- 31st Dec- MR25 Ultra marathon(completed 60 km- top 10)

Coming up races 2007:
-IH Swimming
-IH track and Field and road relay
-IVP swimming - 20th and 27th Jan
-NUS bi-4th March
-Singapore Bi-17th March
-KL marathon-18th March
-Singapore Duathlon-3rd March


and this is what I do when I think of the races I have been through in 2006... some happy...

some excited...

some confused...

some angry...


and some raring to go again this year! yeah!

yeah man... when I look back... there are times when I force myself to compete... there are times when I reallly wanna compete.. they are times when I feel like I have under performed... and times when I feel like a total idiot... times when I feel like I burnt out... times when I wanna tell myself " this is the last time I am going to have this race.. no more".. but in the end... I feel great after the race and i tell myself " I better win it the next time again!"... there are times when I overperformed and exceed the expectations of my coach... however there are times when I hate to compete and tell myself that I will never win... and indeed I would not if i told myself that!

but when everything is over... it always seem to nice and clear... I feel great this year... I have my coach Alex who takes care of my whole running training... I got to know Coach emily who takes care of my swimming training now and I have gotten to know Dear who trains me on my bike... What more do I have to ask for? I am so blessed with everything, everybody around me... and I am much more luckier than other people...

No comments: