Monday, February 05, 2007

SURF N SWEAT

Sunday morning was horrible... had to wake up at 615 am to get prepared to go for breakfast then go to Sentosa for the event: Surf and Sweat...met dear and his friend Raymond... Raymond came to pick us up ... then we reached Sentosa at 720 am... supposed to report at 724 am for our first event...Lovers Challenge for Surf and Ride... Surf about 300m and ride about 5.2 km... met another friend Derrick over there at Sentosa... I helped them all to register for the events:)... yup after registering... we were informed that our event is to start at 840am... wah we were surprised... ahah... had to wait quite long before we can start...

or the surf and rider lovers challenge... we both had to surf together on the surfing board... then ride on separate bicycles but had to end together... we were the third detail... but then when we started to surf... I was in front, JD was behind... we caught up with the first 2 details in front of us... i think we were quite fast though... JD was shouting "go go jiayou! turn right turn left!" aahah... initially he keep telling others he felt stressed because he was racing with me... and say I am very competitive... but then when the race started, the whole situation changed...he was the one pushing the pace all the way... we overtooked several surf boards and then rushed to get our bikes... we were so fast, the bike marshalls had not even taken our bikes out for us, we rushed in to take it our own and then rode off... cycling at a fast pace...


the bad thing came when we passed by Dolphin Lagoon... there was a right turn... the Marshall suddenly raised her flag and asked us to turn... as I was drafting JD, i was cycling at a very fast pace... then the suddenly right turn had an immediate left turn after that... the pace was so fast I could not control... then then I skidded and fell... then brushed against the sand and pavement... and i realised the bike chain was tangled... In my mind i was thinking... "oh no, thats it... think we will have to give up the race"... and then we shouted for extra bike... but nobody came to our help... and then JD was pissed and anxious.... and then he tried his best to entangle the chain, then fix it back again, the whole process took about 2 mins! we thought we already lost the race... but we din give up, we continued to paddle very fast...


on the way to the u turn point, I realised my leg was badly injured... I could not feel it... but i could see blood gushing downwards from my knee to the ankle... was horrible sight... a lot of blood and then my elbow was also bleeding... but I just din look... continued.. until about 1 km before the end point, I turned to JD and told him "eh dear, I think I am injured" ahah... He was super shocked to see so much blood lol! haaha... and then he say "think we are first already, we caught up with everyone, including the first detail which started 6 mins before us, can slow down pace"... and we really slowed down...


in the end, when we reached the finishing point, the first thing I did was to get first aid... blood could not stop flowing! my gosh... after that I realised that my flesh from the leg was a little scraped off... there was a hole and then below the hole was a big patch of abrasion... super painful... first aiders were nice and young girls... they helped me with the dressing... but it was not adequate for my next coming event...ANYWAY... WE GOT FIRST FOR THE LOVERS CHALLENGE.. WINNING THE SECOND GROUP BY 10 SEC.... IF WE HAD NOT SPENT TIME TO FIX THE BIKE... THINK WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN A 2 MINS PLUS LEAD... HAHA:)


The next event up was surf and run mixed open... I partner with Sunny... my close friend from NUS biathlon team... he is the captain... ahha initially he asked whether I could do it.. I said yes! woohoo... we were aiming for gold! then during the surfing, my wound was normal bandaged...the sea water seeped through the bandaged and attacked my wounds... and then I was nearly shouting in pain... but IT CANNOT BE COMPARED TO THE FRUSTRATION I HAD WHEN I WAS SURFING... I WAS LEADING... IN FRONT OF A GUY... THEN THAT GUY HELD ON TO MY SURF BOARD AND THEN PUSHED ME BEHIND! AND HE HIMSELF WENT FORWARD... THEN I CAUGHT UP, AND AHEAD OF HIM, HE DID IT AGAIN! I SHOUTED AT HIM!... super no sportmanship... seems like he cannot accept to lose to a female in surfing.. then when we came down from the surf board, we were supposed to pull it up to lay it on the sand, he just pushed it to the lifesavers and ran up... hahah such person... aiyoh... i dunno what to say about him... i was just frustrated...I ran as hard and passed to Sunny to do the 5.2 km run... he ran off super fast.... and when he came back, I took a photo of him...he really ran very fast... we finished the whole race in 24 mins plus... and won the race.. haha thanks to Sunny! woohoo... and while he was racing... I was in great pain at the first aid area... I was shouting ! and the first aider tried to rub off the sand from the wound, this caused even more pain... then JD came over and say " dun do your next individual race, leg more important..." I wanna do... its my last year doing the race in the closed category, so i really wanna do it... but i know my injury will not allow me to do my best... then when i expressed that I wanna do it, JD went "why u so stubborn" and he stormed off... erm... ok, i angered him...


I know normally people will take care of their body more than they place emphasis on their race... but I was filled with the urge to race that day... and I could not allow myself not to race my own individual event...and i really did the race... and yeah I surfed up first and ran to catch the people in front of me in the first few details... I was in pain but then I endured it through the race... it was nice when I finished it... I just took it for my biathlon training...


Some pictures I took ....


With My buddy Chun Yih... he printed the results for the day...

and then Raymond.. we were waiting for JD to run back... for his individual event...
and then darling running back.... right at the back of the photo
and a picture of huiwen and Khew...my friends...
and after Jd, Raymond and Derrick finished their races... I took photos of them!
and obviously i took pictures with my handsome man!
and then it was prize presentation ! the first prize presentation...
and then after the presentation... we had an interview with the reporter... and guess what JD said when the reporter asked "how is the feeling of winning?"... JD answered "She is used to winning"... wah! I was like... what answer is that! ridiculous.... if this ever goes onto the chronicles... I dunno where my face can be...!
and this is sunny receiving his prize for individual men's open... he got first also!
and then on the way back home... I took 2 pictures with Wilfred... see the difference in pictures last year and this year we took.. THIS WAS LAST YEAR...
THIS IS THIS YEAR...
AND THEN SUNNY AND HIS GF... SO HAPPY FOR HIM...
AND ME AND SUNNY...

No comments: