Monday, February 12, 2007

Running competition...SAAA cross country

ok... Saturday morning... darling and me went out with Sanshun to Queensway... we set off at 1100am... then went there to buy a pair of Sandles for San Shun... for his new year... we were fast shoppers I guess.... we just went to the Sports shop... both of us eyed on a pair of sandles... checked the price out.. then went to another shop and bought it... then we went for lunch almost immediately... din shop for anything else also... and we actually took a cab back because I was going to have a race in the afternoon at East coast... and in the cab... we took some photos... then we took a photo of darling when he was sitting in front at the cab...and we reached home... then I had to rush out for race ... when I reached there... it was abt 15mins before start of race... was supposed to be a SAAA cross country road relay... abot 3.3km per person... after u run, u pass the baton or tag your partner... yeah... I was sort of in Charge on that day... my club MR25 had sent in 2 guys and one girls team... last minute, there were 2 person who pulled out... and I msged a lot of my guy friends to see who can help... lucky 2 responded with willingness... Natanail ( my director's relay team member ) and Melvin, my club member and also Triathlon team captain.. they came all the way down to help my team to run... really appreciate them...! really thanks to those who replied too... Satiish, Prashan, Steven, Clement... thanks so much... to have u all as friends having the same interest- running... and to have these friends to help me out when I really need them...its so great having these friends..

lets see some photos of my race...preparing for the race...

the guys at the starting line...
and one team member running back to the passing zone...
and then we took photos after we fnished the race.... the guys team.. A team..Michael Craig, Natanail, Ian and Tony...
then comes B team...Johnson, Melvin, Steven and John
and then the girls took photos...JJ, me and Mika...
and then some group photos...
and then I took photo with my sister Junko who was there to race too... she ran the 3rd runner... and then I saw her... she did well.. her team came in second for the B division girls..
and then I took picture with JJ... she is a damn fast runner la... super super super fast...our team was Mika, the first runner... she came back second, behind one Swift runner... then JJ took over the tag from Mika and ran.. when she came back, she was FIrst position! and she gave me a lead of about 300-400m ... I took over the tag and ran as fast as I could... constantly looking to see if my opponent was catching up, I did not want to disappoint my team by losing the lead... When i passed the passing zone, Lucky i was still leading... about 300m in front of the second place girl... then I passed to Renuka, our last runner... and she sped off... doing her best.. However, I guess Swift's 4th runner was really fast... she actually overtooked Renuka and lead her by 200m... oh my gosh... bow to her... she is a damn fast Mid distance runner... super super fast...anyway we were glad... we won 2nd!
and last but not least... I took picture with Da ge.. who was there to support us, he gave up his place to run because he knew that we overshot the number of vacancies available... but then nevertheless, he helped me a lot by timing the guys team...

No comments: