Tuesday, May 13, 2008

training at graveyard

MY NIKE plus became faulty and i was really appreciative of Sacha who came down all the way to CCAB to pass me a new one! thanks man!

we did the graveyard interval training... coach was not here... he was on the way coming from the airport...but we did see him while we were on our way out to the graveyard.. he was in a cab...! what a committed coach, came st to the track to see us once he touched down in Singapore...

we were supposed to do 10 sets of 4 mins fast with 1 min rest interval... it was rather difficult I must say... It was also the first time I am actually wearing 2 watches to run... NIKE plus and mi TIMEX watch.. one to track distance and speed.. the other to track timing and rest...

Up and down the hill, it was quite tedious.. esp when I had to go at 75% pace... when i started the first set, i felt pretty strong... then i felt a little like vomitting..(ate peanut butter bread at 5 pm because i was toooo hungry!)... then the next 9 sets were moderate pace... din wanted to push as this wed i have a 1.6km times 4 sets time trial!

through the graveyard you can see many tombs all ard you... but the focus was not on the tombs but on the legs... i focussed on my legs when i am going up my most hateful slope... but i have to keep running and tell myself that I must endure and finish it! this is so demoralising but yet it can be quite satisfying when I finish it.. Appreciate the guys and gals effort in picking me up during rest intervals... they were really great!

ran back to CCAB after workout and checked on my watch.... good timing... total abt 1hr including the warm up and cool down...

and then NIKE+ read 9 km plus...

removed my shoes for the day and talk to coach.. was so happy that he is back!

No comments: