Thursday, May 15, 2008

time trial

yesterday I did a time trial with coach.. supposed to go for All comers this Sunday - 5km race, but due to a staff retreat at Bintan , i have to give it a miss...

anyway, I had a personal time trial with Coach at queenstown... ran from his house at portsdown road to queenstown and then 3 rounds as warm up...

started off with the time trial-1.6km x 4 sets with 90 seconds rest in between...

target for the sets were 6:50 for each set I guess...

and the results came out... 6:45min, 6:48min, 6:45min and 6:40min...

coach was super pleased at the results... a huge improvement from the previous sets where i was doing all above 7 mins...

I was pretty motivated when I saw JD surprising me when he came in during my 2nd round of my first set... I was shocked and motivated... his presence gave me a boost... I did mentioned to him that I wished he could come down for my training or time trial... he says he dun have the time.. but it was kinda sweet of him to have the intention to see my time trial at SPE where he initially thought it would be... and in the end came down all the way to Queenstown!
really happy and surprising.. thanks darling!

coach was also a very motivating personal...he ran with me all the 4 sets... only to help me to pace myself... he was saying "good", "on target", "keep on moving", "very good", "excellent" all the way through my time trial...thanks coach... you made my day!

and back at coach's house after time trial... we calculated my 5 km timing using the timings at time trial.. calculated 21min 08 seconds... an improvement of about 28 seconds off the previous timing i had done before..

coach said" ok this is the end of your 5 km and 10 km workout... now we moving on to longer distances... and as i was complaining about my fats, he says..."no need to worry, june hols training will take care of that... and u need fats to burn!" aahah...
went to meet Zhiyong to pass him a pair of Asics shoes which i ordered for his friend long long time ago... had dinner, bought a purse for Jd's mother and then went back home to sleep... wanted to cycle the next morning...But Shu cant make it.. and I cant make it too! (i actually left my bike overnight in school without realising it!"

No comments: