Wednesday, January 16, 2008

yesterday was a normal training day... only that I did feel a sense of accomplishment after training... in the afternoon, i ended school and then went down to NTU to sign for the Surf and Sweat event.. met Bala... we are teaming up for the open category and I am also going for the individual and lovers challenge category... with who else but ... never mind about that... anyway during signing up, i think the organisers were shocked that I had to sign up for so many people... but never mind.. I am like the helper to my friends for signing up of events everytime.. helping is a great thing when you know you love helping...

after that, Bala and me went to take the bus out of NTU to JP... on the way we chatted a lot... about running, and his training, his coach and my coach... anyway our coaches Elangovan and Guy Ogden are good friends and they do discuss strategies often... yup and after that he headed to Pandan reservoir for training with Elango and I headed to Turf City for training with Mr Guy... met Joe and coach at turf...

training was like this...
20min warm up, not at a real slow jogging pace.. quite fast for warm up actually haha...
workout: 4 mins fast, 1 min slow.. for about 10 sets with coach, Joe and Ilyas who joined us after that... then after 10 sets, i suddenly have the urge to run more.. i requested for coach to allow me to run another 2 sets... wow he said yes and he said "Sumiko, dun run too far, run around here.. or we will miss you!" ahah what a humour coach... i laughed as i ran off for my 2 sets... and the sky was getting real dark. I had 2 times of nearly sprained leg incidents.. Joe had one and Ilyas had one.. the ground was not too hard and some what holey... but nevertheless, I finished my 2 sets.. did some stretching with the guys.. and went off the bath...

on the way back, i practically feel asleep in the bus.. it was a hard but fulfilling day...
total workout= 20min + 48 mins hard + 11 mins slow = 80mins approximately...

legs are tired now.. but not my arms.. so coach said its good... anyway the sense of achievement is really very great...

this morning brought my students for their first swimming PE lesson.. was a little chaotic... their first lesson.. p3 and they were like aiyoh! haah.. but they enjoyed the lessson... but i had a student who lost her PE shirt after the lesson.. and could not be found.. she ended up crying in the toilet.. luckily I think fast... i went to buy a Pyjamas for her... but she still cried all the way back to school.. but once she put on the school shirt which replaced her old one, she felt better...
my gosh.. i dunno how many of such incidents will happen again...

today will be going down to train the NTU biathlon team... doing my usual long run... i think 16km on the track.. while they do their workout, i do my 16km... see how it goes..

recently very tired, i really hope to regain my smile again.. its been a hard time.. training and working and planning... really hope that my weekends would be a real good rest day for me.. sad because Edvin is going to Sweden for 1/2 year and we din have a chance to meet this week even though next week is my big dae... sad because Xiaochun is not able to meet me too she had too much work... sad because Jackie Lao Da is overseas... and cannot meet the foursome gang... its been a long time.. sometimes the memories of the times all my good friends had with me still prevail.. but training seems to take up a bulk of my time now.. Gold COast on July 6th... aiming for it...

No comments: