Tuesday, January 08, 2008

training at Turf City.. and a tired day...

yesterday was a busy day...I had a hard and busy day at work.. having to solve all the queries of the teachers and giving them a helping hand. sometimes I get so busy at work, I realise I slowly get used to liking my work.. though its a little of a hassle, but because I am doing sports related stuff.. organisation.. I am starting to like it a little.. started work at 7 am in the morning and ended class at 1pm... sat down to mark some maths books for my 3 Jade.. then started to do my lesson plan.. after that I had to do some admin.. by the time i completed everything, it was already 445pm... i packed my stuff and rushed down to turf city for training... out first hill work out.. or probably my first slope work with coach and the rest...

reached there at 550pm.. waited for some time without any sight of any of the 5 guys.. then msged Hilbert, Joe and Marc... in the end JOe came and he said that prob none of the others will be coming.. Marc has gone to the slope to meet us... so we headed straight to the slope to meet coach.. its such a long way and deep journey into the woods! so ulu!! on the way there we met Marc who was doing his early warm up... reached the slope , saw coach and then did our usual 10mins warm up...

the slope in front was not very steep but long.. coach marked out the slope with cones and there, Joe and me did our 9 sets of workout with Marc starting off before us and doing a longer and harder workout than us... he had to run with hand weights!

3sets of gradual speed at 80-90%
3 sets of gradual then high knees and then finally sprint ... this was the most tiring
3 sets of gradual speed then sprint...

after the work out, Joe and me felt the lactic acid coming.. woohoo... though it was a tiring day, but nevertheless, it was fun and fulfilling workout.

we left turf city together and Marc and me accompanied Joe to buy his h20.. but i think he was fated not to be able to get. the first 7-11 he went was closed... he person locked the dooe though it was wide with lights... and dunno what he said to Joe.. then we went to the second one.. he went in, then the system is not working, cant pay for the drink so cant buy... Marc and me were like??? haha... i think fated... this teaches us a lesson, remember to bring water! luckily Marc gave us a sweet... made Joe feel better with some sugar dosage...

after that i went to NTU to meet the NTU biathletes.. they had just finished their workout... and all sweating like mad... i spoke to them and then told them that I will coach them on Wed and possibly Sat... yup... since I only coach my swimming student in March... they seem to be very scared to know that I am coaching haha... I am not so scary la.. a bit crazy only... but they were appreciative ... its good to know that my juniors batch is becoming more committed and stronger after we left.. at least we can still continue the legacy...

then i went back to hall 3 with Xueyuan .. met up with the hall road relay runners.. wow so many freshies.. shocked.. saw Serene, my previous roommate.. haven seen her for almost a year... yup... but happy though... and they asked me to come for training when i can.. can motivate them.. yup will do so! if u all start early... I still need to travel home after training..

left and went to hall 13 cheerleading.. its so nice seeing spectrum again.. and obviously the most important person is Isaac.. my great bro... its very nice seeing him and getting his hug... best bro man.. as handsome as usual! the team is doing very well , has produced 5 cheerleading coaches.. i helped them to take some videos of their stunts... and went home after that..

slept all the way home in the bus.. too tired to even have my dinner...

No comments: