Monday, January 14, 2008

a boring sat and sunday

another school day ... now trapped in school due to a heavy downpour.. was supposed to cycle home then prepare to go training with Marcus at Turf City... as I was about the go home, I packed my stuff and came out of the toilet, walked to the office, then realised that the rain was not just small rain... it's rainig cats and dogs...! really bad... msged Marc to tell him that I will be late for training.. left my running gear at home.. and i doubt we would be able to train so early today if the rain doesn's stop.. its irritating! get off my back rain...! we are going to do 4 mins interval today! hurry up! rain rain go away... as i sit back on my office desk, i started to think about what had happened the last weekend... it was a stressful and really "running" one...


On saturday, I went down to NTU in the morning to support Hall 3 trackies... wow so wonderful .. their performance on the track was splendid... even though it was the heats... it was really great.. the girls top both the 4x100m and 4x400m and the guys top the 4x100m and qualfied for the finals for 4x400m.. what was interesting was during the guys race for 4x100m... UK Sham, national athlete of Singapore, was running the last leg... he got the baton and was chasing one hall 6 guy in front.. he was about to catch up, got beside him and suddenly, the hall 6 guy swung his arm and nearly hit Sham... luckily Sham has lots of experience racing and he just avoided him in that split moment, but Sham slowed down after that because he was taken by surprise.. Its not the fault of the hall6 guy .. he had a strain in the thigh i guess... poor guy.. was sprinting too hard and sudden strain.. but admire him for his courage to run to the finishing end line and gotten second position for his team... sprinters tend to have this thing of strains... thats why i chose to become long distance runner! haha can lose weight and at the same time less fear of injuries...

After that, I gave a lift to Feroz to Gombak Stadium. I started on my weights workout.. the 4 guys had already started long ago... ahaha and this big sister me was late.. but nevertheless, they gave me a big helping hand.. always great to have them around...I all the exercises to strengthen the thighs, calves and chest muscles... and after that ended up having muscle aches... ahah but it was a great workout, esp when coach is ard...

after that we had a marathon meeting with the marathon coaches... Mr Guy chaired the meeting... it was mentioned that If Singapore were to send a team for the greatest 4 event at the end of the year, we would have to qualify for several timetrials.. currently, the names of the marathoners are quite set... and for me it will be a great challenge... its almost giving up my triathlon life for one or 2 years... in order to qualify for Sea games 2009 marathon, i have to hit 2:50... i am only doing a 3:44hour without much training... so this year, coach's target for me at the July Gold coast marathon is 3:25-3:33hours... its a gradual improvement.. but details of the selection is not quite set. The only thing set is that we would have to go for gold coast marathon in July ... 6th July...and during this period, we would have to go for the 5 and 10km races... and would have a 10km time trial on the track... and guess what... we would have to run below 40 minutes for the 10km... its difficult but i think with adequate training, even if i dun reach there, i would be near there... Now i decided that 2008-2009 will be my marathon period.. not much of triathlons and biathlons... its gonna be a big change.

Coach is going to change and plan my diet too... he said that i would have to drop a few more kgs and reach the optimum fat percentage level... carrying too much weight.. even a few more kgs would mean slowing down for me... for me its not prob... losing weight is perfect... I always wanted to lose weight... just 8 months ago i was 54 kg.. now 47-48kg... its been a huge loss to some of my friends who recently saw me.. but its not my best yet.. i dun wanna be skinny, i want to be lean and fit enough to race the marathon...

after the marathon meeting, I practically went home to sleep.. was too tired of all the ordeals that are happening in my life... slept from 6pm to 12midnight, woke up to eat a bowl of instant noodles.. oppss... very unhealthy.. and then went back to sleep till 6am...

then woke up and prepared to go to Macritchie... had plan to meet Marc and Joe there for run... and realised what? Marc had been played out by JOe! Joe fell sick and din msg Marc he was not coming for training until Marc msg him when we were abt to run... my gosh... JOE!!! eat more pizza la! never drink water right then fell sick! haah...

anyway Marc was really nice.. though his spped is a lot faster than mine, but he accompanied me throughout the whole of the run... we ran at a comfortable pace as coach had wanted us to.. talking pace...and because Marc was supposed to run 10mins more than me... we parted at the 45th min... then he went on to run another 5 mins out and 5mins back to catch up with me... haha he was mad la... think he is very fast.. oh no no not i think... i am very sure... and we ran all the way back.. clocked 1hour 20mins and he clocked 1hour 30mins... It was an enjoyahble run.. met Atiqi and his gf in the middle of the forest and also a 14 year old small and skinny boy who is asked to run 15km by his coach.. felt so bad for the boy.. he was suffering throughout the run due to a stitch.. we accompanied him throughout the last part of the run...

after that, i went to have lunch with Marc, Atiqi and his gf... realised that Atiqi's family has 3 cars of the same type.. small and cute cars.. 3 diff colours... oh i met David of yelloe Fish swim school at Adam road... met Stephen too... and met quite a few more triathletes...

and after that went to Da ge's house for his baby first month birthday...his baby is soooo cute... but his house is not! i had to take the bus from Bukit Panjang to Little India, then take the NEL to Sengkang and then take the LRT to Fernvale... it was very far... very far... but it was worth it... meeting friends.. most of the MR 25 members were there.. talking to them seems so nice... though it was a boring day without someone important, but still meeting up with friends made me have a sense of warmth...

after that, i went st home to rest and do my lesson plan and mark some books.. and guess what i did next, i brought my mother to a salon to cut her hair... and made her very happy! i intro her to the salon that JD and me always go...she went in and was commended by the stylist that she looked very young and hip! woohoo... and she had a hairstyle which she always wanted to cut... she was so happy that she bought a bottle of hair cream... which she paid for herself! but obviously, I paid for her haircut.. not cheap leh..$33... but worth it, its been very long since i brought her out to have a haircut....

i have some photos in my phone.. will post them up soon...! oh no! coach just informed us that training will be OTOT today... because the rain is too heavy at Turf city area... so i think i wil have to wait for the rain to stop then do the workout myself... bad bad... never mind.. just do myself...
okok got to go... looking forward to training... and also training with Brian next Tuesday at NTU... 15km long run...

No comments: