Thursday, January 17, 2008

yest training was quite fun.. had floorball training with my students.. played with them.. first time playing floorball... it was a 2 minutes interval game... every 2 minutes, 2 teams would come in to play... we played for about 40 minutes... wah it is really usage of lots of energy.. after that i rushed back home to change and went to NTU to coach the Biathlon team.. din really whack them very hard...

Swim:
1) Warm up 300m
2) 3 x 600m at 70% race pace with 2 minutes rest time in between each set
3) 6 x 50m kicking continuous
4) 6 x 25m pulling with bouy and 6x25m pulling with bouy with heads above the water

i think they were fine after that.. I think..

after that we went onto the track... gave them
1) 400m warm up
2) 2 x 100m striding with increasing speeds
3) 3 x 1500m at 80% race pace with 2 minutes rest in between
4) warm down
5) stretching with static exercises: bridge, side bridges, sit ups and push ups

they had a great session i hope!

anyway next training for them is already planned out... will be very different...

Oh today is a happy but yet surprising day for me.. my principal came to talk to me.. he asked me if i am interested to take up the PE coordinator role in school. currently, there is no PE HOD, so therefore the PE HOD role is separated into 2 parts: the PE coordinator and the CCA coordinator.. i was taken aback..

I told him that I am only a beginning teacher and still under probation.. all beginnning teachers who grad from NIE have to be under a one year probation. But he did mention that why he ask me is because thru recommendation... Mr Cheng, a nice ex-retired HOD who is here to help us in our PE work actually recommended me after working with me for these few weeks. seems that he feels that I have the potential to become a HOD in PE. and so he is willing to guide me for these few years till I am prepared to take up the role.

actually, this is really surprising. Because at such a young age, and with only a Diploma, I thought that I would be only a follower. but it is also lucky... really lucky that I have gotten this opportunity to build up my profile. the current PE coordinator is piled with lots of work and she was once a HOD and she stepped down.. family commitments.. now this space is open.. but the PE department is very small thats the unlucky part.. but the good thing is that there is someone to guide me...

so after talking to JD, decided that prob this is a good opportunity for me to go up.. who knows, i may end up being a teacher for life...but first, i need to get my degree... its quite difficult for them to justify why they need a Diploma holder to be a HOD.. though it can be justified, but i feel that a degree is more justifiable... now i am thinking whether to study a sports degree instead if I am really going to go on the leadership track towards a PE HOD.. but then the money... the MOE grant i dun think I will be able to get it..

i actually like the way things are going now in school... busy but yet fulfilling... so now, i guess I have to really get things moving...maybe one day u see me, I will be like a stick insect again.. no time to east due to work haha...! no prob!

but the bad thing is... i will have meetings after meetings... and the first meeting is at CCAB next Monday... what a day to go... I keep telling Mr CHeng... "it's my birthday!!! wah what luck man!" ahah but work is work, and i dun think i am celebrating it also...

2 comments:

~我不是我,却还是我...~ said...

Eh!!! Congrats... really gald you have been given the opportunity...

like what you said, its always good to build up your portfolio, so even if you do not become HOD PE(*touch wood*), it would still be a win-win situation for you.. and i know you would want to take up the challenge and stretch your limits..

GAMBATE!!! maybe next time go KeMing join you... haha... then can go under your wing... lol...

~我不是我,却还是我...~ said...

anyway... i really marvel at the way you spent your time everyday... 24 hours spent fully doing productive things~~ guess i can never do that.. LOL...

I see you as my role model in maximising time usage... Hee... meet up soon wor...