Monday, August 11, 2008

sat training at coach's house was great! was really tired though.. did lots of plyometric drills and lots of lunges... strained my muscles a little. did a 2 hour workout there with the guys, JJ and Vivian...
enjoyed it but suffered with stiff muscles and sore ones..

sunday: pearl Izumi run series.
woke up shouting in pain. Was suffering from a sore pair of legs with muscle pain from the hips to the hamstrings to the thighs... due to sat workout. was contemptating whether to go for the 20km run.decided to go ahead as JD was going too...

suffered - started too fast. saw my watch at the 3km mark and realised i was way too fast for a training run... slowed down and waited for JJ to come up and we ran at a nice pace for the next 5 km together... after a water point, she sped up. heh she is fast man! she is singapore's top marathon runner for the veteran category.! aah..
i maintained till the 10km mark.. and felt a slight strained in my right hamstring..decided that if we were to u-turned at the start point i would just stop.. but we did not.. we u-turned at the stadium... and twice!...

after that i slowed down to make sure my leg dun suffer a pull... at last, i managed to endure the pain and completed the 20km...

position a mere 5th... but to me, a great training run at an a moderate pace.. but to me, marathon is still my main focus:)

No comments: