Tuesday, April 15, 2008

disgusted with a coach

its quite frustrating to know some things... that people keeps an eye on your actions... with regards to your training, your race and your progression, esp when they are people who do not at any point comes into your training, or rather becomes your coach or advicer or even a teammate.

last week SAA had a cross country.Initially the previous Sunday when Stephen, our Mr 25 competition chairman asked me if i could run, i replied "I not sure. Have to check with my coach because I just completed KL marathon and he asked me to rest for 3 weeks. if not, put me as the last resort"... the next thing i knew "I was inside the team"..... it was fine... as I love to be a part of MR 25...

lookin forward to racing a 5km race was not in my calender of "joy".... but nevertheless... "racing for MR 25" is definitely a "joy and commitment".... but what happened next really disheartened me..

I got injured on soon after that while running at Macritchie... i sprained my left ankle upon reaching the end of the route we were completing... i was running with coach and atiqi at that point... and then coach advice me to lay off... not to race.. because I am one who gets sprains easily esp when I am going on too fast in the run...

I informed Stephen immediately.. and his reply was "ok... no prob, rest well".... and i tot it was fine..! however, on Sat he asked me again to race because he says one of our member Melinda, is not able to race , however, my ankle is still in the recovery process, I could not have managed to race and even do well..no point racing and then i cant do well as well as to prevent risking further injuries on uneven surfaces...

and on sat during the race, I had a msg from my club manager asking me why i pull out from my race not due to injury but due to my coach asking me not to run. MY COACH DID NOT ASK ME NOT TO RUN... i DID NOT RUN BECAUSE I AM INJURED and MY COACH ADVISED ME TO MAKE MY OWN DECISION.... after explaining to my club manager and asking to check whether girls take 3 to count and not 4 gals to count in the race... he was fine... and our club won!... there was no prob...

but then on Sun and Mon, I heard news that one of the renowned coach in Singapore went around telling people that MR 25 is angry with me for pulling out of the race... which in actual fact was not... do not assume that one person's anger represents the whole clubs... they were fine after JJ helped me to explain to them that i was really injured and was taping my leg during training and i could not even run that day during training.. the ankle was hurting alot...

it was quite frustrating because I had respect for this particular coach who has a lot of students under him now... and he has to go around to spread tales... what has this got to do with him... I am not his athlete and will NEVER go under him, for who I know he really IS now... he din just tell one person, but he tried to spoil my reputation in MR25 by telling tales around...

no wonder his previous athlete left him... dun wanna name who... but i am really very disappointed with him...

He gave me a very bad impression and has left me with nothing but disgust towards him...
I am improving and will definitely beat his students one of these days... If he want to spoil the reputation of my coach, he can think nothing more... nowhere.... because I am sure my coach has gotten a good reputation for being an efficient coach and a good and committed coach.. now many renown athletes are going to him for training...

you shall see....

1 comment:

Sumiko Tan said...

:)hihi!!! thanks! may i noe who r u???