Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Monday-23rd June 2008

Training on Monday: Turf City

Reached there, Fab was already with coach, not to mentioned that my msges to him previously came late so we did not met up as planned for training!

At the slope, coach workout for me that day : Long run of 1.5hours... at race pace...

First 3 km at 5min per km...
Next 45mins at 4:55min per km...
Last 3 km at 4:45min per km...

I went off straight for the run. Brought along with me the NIKE PLUS watch to keep track of my pace... coach actually likes the watch because it can keep me on pace!

Went off one round at turf city and then headed straight back into the quiet area in the woods, headed for the guys at the slope, it was 15mins...

Did 2 more rounds and it started to get dark. As the moonlight set in, I began to feel a little more afraid.. Every 10-15 steps I took, I actually took a glance at my back. I knew that probably no once would pounce on a black and unfemaline runner like me, however, the sounds of the trees and branches moving made me worry a little!

Finally finished 3 rounds and headed back for the slope. Met up with Joe, Karthik and Fab. Thanks for waiting, guys...

anyway it was not the end of my run... it was another 15 mins to go...

The sky was dark by then. Looked at my Nike Plus watch. Realised that it was only about 1 hour and I was running at about 4:48min per km pace... Fab told me to keep running then turn back at a distance.

SO the next 15mins, I was running up and down. Up to about 100-150m ahead, then U-turned back to meet the guys, made a U-turn around them, then headed straight ahead again.

The last 3 km was ran with my running partner, Fabian ! We ran a really fast one. Supposed to be doing at only4:50mins per km... however, we were running at 4:30min per km according to NIKE plus watch..

my gosh. Is this good or bad?

Prob not that good! I am feeling the sore today....

But it was a great run indeed..

13 days to Gold Coast...feeling pretty nervous...

No comments: