Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sunday-27th JULY 2008

sunday went for NIKE plus human race training run..
Uncle Vincent msged to ask me to be a pacer. However, upon arrival, realised that there was a need for finishing time keepers.

I met Sunny there! i was really happy... it was like a sudden happiness hahaha! i went mad, ran over to give him a brotherly big hug and we both started chatting like never ending! haha...

anyway he was the Emcee of the day... I met Ben Pulman and Jon Fong there too.. as well as Sacha and Andrew from NIKE..they were busy like beesssss....

the training run was supposed to be 5.2km.. Ben started to brief the pacer runners and then he briefed the signed up runners. He then led the warm up and stretching. He did some plyometric drills and also some good stretching...

the race started off. I was there having a chit chat with Mika and Johnson of MR 25 who were the finish timers... Uncle vincent was taking the timings... and then Somehow, i found that something was just missing there.. though there was music, however, there was an emptiness.... and the immediate reaction I had was... ran to Ben, got the mike from him and started to wait for the first runner's arrival...

"Oh, I can see the first runner approaching the finishing end point!... with a tag number..." ahah that was me. yes, I had the sudden urge to emcee. Maybe because of the events I had emcee in school. I had the natural instinct and urge! haha... Anyway my job was to read out the tag numbers to Mika and Johnson and i realised that the mike played a very gool role in this case...
I tried my very best to use different words of encouragement and finishing sentences... hope it did not sound as bad!

when sunny came back, he told me he could hear my voice from very far away, across the river! oh my gosh! am i sooo loud?but he said it was very encouraging! ahah at least it did not seem that bad! Andrew from Mr 25 also came over to comment.. felt quite ok... hope i did not do a bad job!

anyway the run was completed with everyone having smiles on their faces... they had free hundred plus, water and subway sandwich! my gosh, reminded me of the days when i worked in subway as a supervisor after my a levels!

after that, they had a lucky draw and winners went home with IPOD, NIKE sports band and nike stuff! It was real good!

They also borrowed trial shoes to runners who would like to experiment NIKE running shoes... it was a good and humble event with interested participants and hardworking and refreshing employees... the next run will be this sunday at east coast.. have promised to go down to help...

after the event, i headed down to macritchie to meet JD for a 1 hour 20mins run! it was a good run, but i was complaining the whole way that there was no water, and he did not bring any money along! a thirsty sumiko is a grouchy sumiko... he was really tahaning my temper for the whole route..! ahha...

No comments: