Thursday, March 06, 2008

Singapore biathlon




as we reached there.. it was getting to 7am.. and my race was due to start at 730am... and guess where they parked!!!...??? they parked at the carpark near the east coast chalet... Carpark D... and our race was starting at carpark F2! my gosh... i was pretty pissed because i know that the whole procedure before the race includes collecting racepack... and lining up to collect... and also body marking... i counted my time... i have 30 mins to walk about 2 km there..... line up to collect race pack, get body marking, deposit my bag and then if i have the time.. go for warm up...i walked away super duper fast to the start point, leaving the 2 guys behind... i told them.. should have dropped me at the F2 carpark instead of D... because their race starts at 830, 1 hour later than mine.. but cant really do much... because giving me a favour for driving me there...but it was a long journey walking to the start point.. i was feeling quite frustrated then...

and as i expected... i reached there.. rushed like mad... then cut the queue to do body marking. as usual saw Willie there.. placed my bag at the deposit area... and then rushed to deposit bag.. by the time i finished everything...it was time to start the race.. i wore my cap, and then my goggles... next thing i knew... "SNAP!!!" the googles went snap! it broke! I was panicking like mad!!!! lucky i went to JD and asked him to lend me his gogggles... he was super great... i told him to go to my transition box to pick out his goggles right after my swim...and i rushed off to the race start point..

as usual, the race was a fighting one... However, this time i din feel strong in my swim.. i felt the tiredness in my arms.. due to no warm up.. and due to the fact that i had not swam seriously for months... the swim became very long as it began to drag further and further.. i was contemptating to stop in the middle of the sea and shout "WHEN IS IT going to END!!!" ahha... i paved my way through the so called 1.5 km swim... and as i was swimmig back, the next unfortunate thing happen.... i felt a hand going right into my swimming costume from the bottom and grab my backside and then came out! i was so disgusted.. felt molested! and i kicked the guy real hard in the sea! I remember kicking him 3 times on his face but he did not retaliate...felt so demoralised...

when i came out of the swim, it was almost 30minutes! i was so shocked... i normally swim a 25mins to 27 mins for my swim .. i thought to myself "must be due to the lack of training...".. however at the transition box, i was even more frustrated.. i could not get my feet to fit into my shoes! I did not have the time to re-lace my shoe before the race.. and i tied it too tight.. i was trying to force my feet into the shoes!!! i think it was the longest transition i have ever made!!!

as i begun to take off for my run... i felt a tinch in my eyes.. my contact lens were coming out.. vision was blurr.. i am 900 degrees ! oh my.. i was praying hard that the contact lens will remain in my eyes.. but every blink i made, the contact lens moved upwards.. made me not able to see clearly...

i saw about 9 girls ahead of me... could recognise some of them... the usual racers... but saw some girls whom i haven seen before.. was wondering who are these... they swam real fast... as i ran. i counted the number of people... i saw Dinah (NUS strongest triathlete, aiming for Sea games 2009), Crystal (National 1500m swimmer), Elaine (National triathlete), Zhiyun (2nd strongest Triathlete in NUS), Maybeline (My secondary school friend) and a few others.. i paced myself and slowly caught up with several of them...

i know that i lose out in my swim and the only thing i could catch them is using my run...
i caught most of the people in front except for Dinah, Elaine and one caucasian... this caucasian i have nothing but praises for her.. her run is superb... really.. she gave dinah a good fight in the run... As i begun to slowly catch the front girls, i realised that my legs did not feel as tired as they used to feel during biathlon racers... i was feeling light and good... and as i was approaching the end line, i saw Crystal in front of me.. i did not expect to see her there.. because she came out of the swim almost 7 mins in front of me... but i did a grave mistake... i ran up too fast and tried to overtake her.. and i lost to her by a second...! I should have stood behind and took her at the last minute without her realising! haha.. i told her that too! never mind, once you commit a mistake, you actually learn something! yup... but it was a great race .. really good one! got 5th, but din feel the strain or sadness that i was not first.. i lost to all famous people in the tri scenes... so i could say i only did badly in the swim... i ran a good run i thought.. 23min 56seconds.. 2 mins faster than last year...

after that, i went to support Eddie and Jd and Alber after the race... they were great! JD did a PB for his run.. I was amazed at his run results!!!it proves that hard work does pay off! good job darling!

and after that the 6SOME took some photos... peishan came down to support her darling Alber...! and Alvin came down to support all of us! it is the first time Alvin is not racing.. thanks for the support.. it means a lot

and below shows the pictures taken with friends i got to know through JP... they are Willie, R4 who is now a father and Daniel! ... lacking of chris.. i think he was still at end ending point taking timings for the competitors when we took this photo...

and then...michelle and me at the hawker centre! she carried me... i said i will carry her but she wanted to do it instead.! ah i felt so fat and heavy man.. even JD has not carried me before... haha...it was a nice photo taken by Alber...
and this is the picture of me running towards the end point... taken by .. i not sure who!... but sent to me by Michelle!

No comments: