Friday, October 23, 2009




Just back froma series of assignments and tests...

Did quite an ok timing for 1.5km IVP - Pretty surprised... 5.23mins... managed to get a 1st position... Shin did not hurt much... it was great competition:) I was lucky to have coach and teammates there cheering for me...

However, the following week 3km was not that good... I was doing quite an ok pace for the first 3.5rounds... right into the 4th round, my heel started to have this sudden pain which started from the heel to the shin... then the pain came on and off... i dropped from 2nd placing to 6th placing by the 5th lap.. By then I was pretty demoralised and was tolerating the pain...

I decided to drop out of the race.. as I had 2 other races coming up this week.. the struggle was not quite worth it if i strained my legs...

Feel pretty upset but I guess it's part and parcel of every athletes life...:) Thanks for all the support:)

Today we had the X campus run:) 6.8km Around NTU and up and down the SLOPES!!! my most hateful series of run..

I managed to get a good timing:) 29mins:) Lost to an exchange students who is a runner for her state:) SHE RUNS A 2.06mins for 800m.... gosh!!!!! i was like super astonished with her timing!!! her legs were soooo long....:)

We had great competition.. both of us were trying to push the pace and held on to each other closely from the start line to 5km plus..:) at the last 800m to 1km, she pushed off, leaving me to chase after her!!! she took one step, i had to take 1.5 to 2 steps... WHY AM I SO SHORT>>> haahahaaha... but i guess the stronger runner always win the race:)

I am glad to achieve second:) it's a great timing though... at least the foot did not hurt till the end of the race:)

My team which consisted of Zhiyong, Feroz and Kenny came in first:) heheeh:) Zhiyong came in 1st for indi, feroz came in 2nd and kenny came in 8th:)

Great teamwork and support!!!

Some pictures from today's race:) ABOVE:)

No comments: