Wednesday, November 28, 2007

back after 6 months

i Have been off from blogging for 6 months... lots of friends ask me why I haven been blogging.. Thank you all for all your concerns.. Let me give you a brief update on my life in these 6 months..

In MAY / JUNE i graduated from National Institute of Education as a Physical Education teacher cum maths teacher..Was posted to Keming Primary school. When I entered the school, I was asked to teach English, Maths and PE.. and even other NON-core subjects. That was a difficult task for me... but I pulled through...I took over as form teacher for one of the most active P2 class... things were going on well.. though I faced many obstacles... I could not adapt quickly to the life initially because I had only 3 PE lessons per week... I felt restricted... but as time went by, I focussed more on teaching academic subects and doing admin work... that was in term ... in term 4, I took over another form teacher of another p2 class... this time, it was a quieter and more well-behaved class. Students are bright and hardworking. I had more PE lessons but taught English and Maths too. Though I was not trained in English, I tried my best to learn as I teach. The learning process was enriching and definitely something to remember. I dealed with difficult parents, demanding requests and sensitive students. This helped me to grow a lot. I learnt that not everything is as smooth sailing and not everyone's situations are similar though they may seem to come from the same background...
these 6 months I have spent time working and most importantly making time for myself. I have stepped back on training because I wanted to focus on my work. Training time was insufficient for me... but I still raced in competitions. However, my focussed this season was not to win, but to complete the race in the best effort that I can... at the best comfort that I could.

ALl this while, I must thank all those who stayed by my side, who never once left me even when I was on the verge of breaking down. Most importantly, JD who stood by me even though I had many times complained to him about my work. My sister Junko who always stood by me and listen to my numeous complaints and even lame jokes about my working life...
Now that I have stepped into another phase of my life, I hope to achieve more than what I can previously. When I look back, i realise that I have actually done many things which I should not have. But it is all past and I am moving on...I remember that I hated my life as a student in NIE. I did not have any friends.. probably just a handful to count .. because of incidents that happened in NIE... though this had affected my grades in NIE but I just take it as a lesson learnt. You cannot please everyone, please yourself and you will be happy.. whatever that has past, I would like to remember it at the back of my head...

I am thankful to coach Guy Oden for taking me up as his only female student.. his trust and hopes in me has brought me confidence in doing many things. And definitely not forgetting my new cycling coach Chung... his peserverence has always move me on.. thanks for all the hard work you put me... I know next year is not going to be easy when training is coming into place.. but i am ready for the torture...

IF YOU WANT THE RAINBOW, YOU MUST FIRST STAND THE RAIN... no pain no gain.. just do it...

No comments: