Thursday, November 29, 2007

army half marathon and open water swim

army half marathon... I think that was the most unconfident race of the year... I raced without any training.. the longest distance i trained for this race was 5km.. can u believe it... ran a 5 km to get prepared to run a 21km.. maybe i was just too busy.. but busy cannot be a reason, its a excuse.. sometimes after work I will go home to rest and will just fall asleep.. I dun have the motivation to run ! its irritating though... though my weight kept dropping, but i just felt sticky and unfit for the period... but i managed to complete it and got top 10 positions... lucky i think... but then there was a big comotion at the prize collection area... the announcer asked all the 4th to 10th winners to go to the counter to collect the prize.. after we went there, they say cannot issue us the prizes.. then we waited for almost 45 mins... then after that they said they can only issue us after the top 3 has collected the prize... we were like???... then people started to complain, some shouted at the organisers... then people got fed up... after about 1.5 hours, they finally started to issue us the prizes.. and they had only one counter to issue the prize! they refuse to listen to our suggestions on opening up 1 or 2 more counters... they had only 1 person checking the ID, the same person packing the stuff, and the same person issuing the prizes... then when we gave her our suggestions, she just glared at us.. can u imagine all the categorys people are there to collect their prizes... and only 1 person to serve almost 60 over people... the situation was so ... haiz.. messy and noisy....
anyway that was army half marathon on the 26th August 2007... next coming up is OPEn water swim...on the 7th October 2007... I was lucky enough to get a sponsor for this event.. however although I wanted to swim the whole 5km... i was not allowed! heavy down pour again! ahhhrrrgggg.... we were swimming and finishing our second lap... 2km completing when there was lightning, thunder, huge waves and aiyoh... dark sky... I was out in the sea.. cant see people around me.. actually i was pretty afraid though... like trapped in the open sea without any one in sight... I just kept swimming then i met a lifeguard on duty on a canoe.. he was supposed to accompany me back to the shore while i swim.. and then the head lifeguard came... then he asked me to hold onto his canoe... I refused initially.. i said "i want to swim back"... and he shouted at me "JUST HOLD ON TO MY CANOE... ! SAFETY FIRST"... then I obeyed and went held onto the canoe...haah do i have a choice? actually it was really not safe.. people on the shore could not even see the swimmers out in the sea... the rain and wind blew almost all the tentages up and the make shift gates down... people ran out of the water to shore for their lives... haha i was lucky... while the lifeguard paddelled to my safety, the jetski came.. and i hopped onto the jetski back to shore.. free ride!
the event went well.. only the 5 km event did not complete...well never mind.. its ok! next year...
photos of me completing my first km and going for my second km...

No comments: