Friday, April 20, 2007

about my sister Junko Tan

I passed my Life-saving 1,2,3 exam last week... and currently taking my Bronze medallion course now.. hoping to complete it by 1.5 months time so that i can be in time for my life saving competition as well as to take a swimming coaching course coming up... really wanna be a swimming instructor.. a licensed one...

I went to watch Junko, my yougest sister . race in a cross country event this wednesday... called the inter-school cross country race... and yeah... she is the cross country captain of Jurong Sec School... i am so proud of her...
when she finished her PSLE... she did not score well and she was posted to Yuan Ching Sec... and lucky i got her pulled in to Jurong Sec... even when her aggregate fell so much below the acceptable grade.. she only scored 204 but the requirement was 228 and above... so when she entered the school using track and field.. I was worried sick... and things became worst when she was placed in the best class... she had so much pressure...

I sent her for tuition class.. encouraged her a lot... told her to try and balance out both studies and cca... but then she failed all subjects , almost 7-8 of them during sec one.. she only passed chinese... then when in sec 2... she flunkked her chinese, science, maths and history.... only passed eng and art...

Junko is so similar to me... both good in sports but not talented in studies.. we have to study like mad to get good grades.. and after getting good grades, we forget whatever we have studied... its like trying to memorise and then spit everything out and then once it goes out, we have nothing to keep in our brains haha...
but she called me yesterday at 1 pm to ask me whether I was going down to watch her race which starts at 4 :10pm... i was still contemptating... i had lifesaving training at 7 pm at toa payoh and had to colect my INterschool biathlon race pack at novena before that... do i have the time to go down... or would i have to miss my lifesaving training...

not long before i got the answer... my family is definitely more important... i can not attend the lifesaving course... and what i have to do is to read up more.. put in more effort to catch up... though i was CPR trained and that training was CPR training, i guess refreshing of memory plays an important role as well..

I did not regret going down to watch her race.. i met my secondary school coach-Mr Samat, met my first coach, Sim Ann Eng... and met a few friends.. but most importantly, i was able to see junko running... though i could only see her start, and see her run the last 100m after her gruelling 3.2km... i guess thats a lot for her... to give her a hug before her race, and to say "you are good!" with the thumbs up showing her after her race... to see her smile.. its more than enough... what more can i expect...

Junko has since improved in her studies.. she recently just topped the level in Mathematics and Physics and Chemistry... i guess a lot of these goes to her hard work... Though i really want to go out to give tuition and earn some extra cash.. but i guess tuitioning my own family members are so much more important and fruitful.. its not only about tuitioning.... its about the time spent with them... so I rather spend time guiding JD's nephew and Junko ... ahha and i just set a day every week to tuition junko.... all the way to her exams... even planned to bring her out for tuition at vivocity or somewhere this week...

sometimes when I grow up... i see so much more responsibilities that i have to undertake...its not easy. when i moved home from hostel, i used to complain everyday, why aren't my sister folding the clothes, why are they not doing this, why not doing that? why everything i must do?
but all these nitty gritty things make me look like a smaller person... I have since learn to do things myself and not complain.. really , complaining helps nothing, it just makes me more angrier... sometimes when i complete these tasks, i look back and i smile when i know my family members will have a more easier time if i had done these things for them... people got to give and take... thats what make a person learn!

looking forward to brother moving home in May. though he will also be working everyday in Navy, but to get together is not an easy thing...sometimes you just want to see each other but then you just cant find a common time! How to when bro stays in hall, i stay at home but have so many activities, yuko is working at new balance full time... junko is always out with her bf and out at training or studying... mum is working from morning to night... everytime we are home, either the others are asleep or they are just too busy doing their own things... so 24hrs is never enough for us... now i just cherish the time i have with my family members... like this Sunday we are FINALLY going out to celebrate Bro's birthday... its just a simple 1 hour dinner, during Yuko's dinner break at Raffles City... but then i feel it means a lot... especially when we do not gather much.. maybe once in 3-4 months...

but i am happy that my family is so independent... and i just introduced junko her temp job this week... happy .. really happy that she can learn to earn her own money... sometimes her classmate says i sound and act like her mum... ahah yeah its kinda true.. i support her since she was young... sometimes I can go without food, she cannot. i will make sure she eats the best, and have the best... but i will never tolerate her nonsense... like her hp.. i bouught it for her when she was P6... and have since changed 3 hps for her... but she appreciates whatever i am doing... she will never have any danger befall upon her... this is how much I love her.... my sister, Junko Tan Sok Tin...

i wrote this entry because while i was on the bus yesterday... i heard a 16 year old girl complaining about her sister..nonstop to friend... says that her sister touch her things, always cause her to be scolded by her parents..dun show concern for her... and in my heart i feel like telling this girl...have you every showed concern for your sister in the first place... you dunno how to cherish your sister... wait till one day you dun have a chance to cherish her, you will then regret... it might be too late...so start loving them now...hating is something difficult.. loving is something so much more easier... in a family, there are different personalities... clashes happen because people do things diffferently....its like the outside world...you choose which one you wanna do.. hate or love....its up to you...

take care friends...

No comments: