Tuesday, September 15, 2009

School has started and I am totally enjoying the process of getting to know new friends, enjoying project work, learning netball and basketball...

I have always been in individual sports since I was young, hence, this is a challenge to me to try and work in teams:) However, because of the great friends I have, KS, Yosef , WH and Wei as well as the funky pple in my netball and bball class, I find joy in learning:)

Today was the AED presentation ... worked with Ban Hock, Nerine and Boon Whee through these few weeks:) our ideas were great and we were happy with the debate and the role play portion which involved the hands on activities for our class:) I am glad the class enjoyed it. However, we should seek to improve ourselves more. After the lesson, I asked myself, what could we have improved on to make the presentation better.. and i listed them down
1) To read up a little more on the philosophies of the various experts
2) Have better linkages of our content to Singapore Context
3) Do not just touch and go on topics related to the philosophies
4) Run through the presentation a few more times to make sure everything went smoothly (we actually missed out a video presentation:(...

However, at least the project is done and we are all happy with it!!! now moving on to the essay part, due in 4 weeks time:)

Netball and bball have always been a challenge to me. I am rather bad at ball handling skills.. however, i seem to start to enjoy this whole process of learning, learning my mistakes, my flaws and trying to better them:) today's lesson of Netball went great and I am looking towards to tmr's bball lesson... something which I always feel I will never be able to excel in:(

Suffering from a Shin Splint .... kinda pain everything i run and stop.... 14 years of running and never did such a thing happen to me before... feel sad about this... my race is coming up in a month's time and today's training did not go as smoothly, however, thanks to my 2 running friends, J and L who patiently ran with me for the numerous number of laps at Jurong West Stadium and tolerated my bad behaviour at the end due to the pain...

Have to run on grass for the time being...

No comments: