Monday, October 02, 2006

time trial and gathering

just came back hall...

today had time trial at Macritchie... din expect myself to perform well... it is my annual 5km Elite time trial for my club... yeah we have to qualify for Elite to be able to gain sponsorship from NIKE for the next year...

I reached there at 430pm... went for warm up with coach then listened to some strategies... well i did tell coach that my left heel is hurting... but its ok.. I will still try my very best.. this would be the first time I will be running the whole 5 km... instead of the usual 4.8 km... and earlier I was running 23 min for 4.8 km... the qualifying for elite is 22min for 5km... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IT!!! never mind ... try and believe I can...

did some light stretching and prepared mentally to run... finally it started off... started off slow... while running, my back started to hurt when I breathe... I thought that was it... really pain... because i told myself I can't last through... every breathe I take... it hurts right from the front to the back... but then I persevered... till the turning point... I looked at my watch... was already 11min plus... wah I just sped my way back! ... ran faster... nearly tripped over a few rocks and sprained my ankle... but I just dun care... keep running... When I was approaching the finishing, about 30-40m away from the finish, Uncle Vincent shouted at me and said " quick! can still make it... !" I ran straight to the finish! sped like nobody's business... and i crossed the line exactly on the dot of 22:00min... wah really FWAH... PHEW! haha... I thought I could only qualify for the 10km time trial for elite.. now can out my heart at ease... lucky for me...

after that went to bathe at the water point.. saw Marche boss... Hanes... haah spoke to him a bit on triathlon... get me back interested in racing for triathlon for a while.. somehow i still miss racing for tri... yup...

Then I met up with KAP gang at Heeren and went to eat at Vilaje... ahaha... well... Kenjie, Henree, Desmond, Benjamin, Siong and Cynthia went.. as usual its the usual us... i ate a sausage for dinner... or rather just a sausage for dinner... and half a crepe... like no mood to eat... seems like a lot... but I bought the crepe but ate very little... never mind... haha... the staff at the restaurant said i lost weight ( I used to work at Marche-the old name of Vilaje)... Hen Ree also surprised when he saw me.. he ask why I lost so much weight... STRESSED bah.. no la... running works wonders... maybe these 2 days lost another 1 kg again... yeah... still can lose more in these few days... totally no mood to eat... just keep drinking plain water...

after that we went to Starbucks to continue chatting... chat halfway I felt a little sleepy already... quite tired though... yup... took a picture with cynthia my dear!

anyway I moved to this blog for the benefit of my friends.. I had figured out that If i continue to blog on friendster... everytime i update my blog.. my friends will recieve a mail informing them... then quite irritating for them at times bah... yeah...

No comments: