Saturday, September 30, 2006

NIE BIATHLON

oh yeah...I just finished my NIE biathlon... yup!...

today went there to set up my triathlon booth... morning was cool and windy.. haha nice weather. yup. then after setting up the booth, i met Jickson, JP and their friend... helped them to regiater for their race then I just went to walk around....

Wah... NUS biathlon team came down.. was nice seeing them. i felt like part of them actually. Like one whole big family... maybe because I used to train with Sunny at TAS national triathlon squad... quite close to him... so happy seeing all friends again... then saw Lincoln, Paul, Adeline, Jon, Linjing-my pri sch mate... and others.. haha still remembered when my brother Jiexiao was the ex-NUS biathlon team captain.. thats why all of them know about me... yup big family! how i ever wish NTU biathlon was as big and as close!

started off my first race.. women's open category... yeah individual... did an ok swim... 7:43 min for 500m... then rushed off to run my 5 km... felt that my run was ok only... transition was slow.. took about 1 min.. then ran till finish... after that I paired with Eileen for women's doubles... i swam... faster than my individual swim time.. ahah swam 7:37 min... was like racing in water with this girl... she was leading me all the way till the 8 lap... then i took over the lead... she is a pure swimmer whereas I am just but a moderate swimmer.. was stressed... finally won the swim.. BUT THEN WHEN I CAME OUT OF THE WATER... I RAN THE WRONG DIRECTION TOWARDS THE EXIT! ARGH!... THEN SHE TOOK OVER ME... BUT LUCKY WAS NOT VERY FAR WHEN WE PASSED OVER TO OUR RUNNERS, about 5 m... i so blurr!...i had the full confidence in Eileen so definitely she will come back first... ahaah so I just took my time to warm down and prepare for the next race.. MIxed doubles...

when came to the Mixed doubles.. my arms feeling a little sore already... swam a 7:50min... oh my gosh... I let Zhiyong down.. because the first girl came out about 35-40 secs in front of me.. wah feel so bad... zhiyong cannot even catch Mok... because the gap was too big... SO SORRY! felt so bad after that! ah!!!!!! should have swam faster!!!!
my partner in action for mixed doubles.. one of the fastest runner in Singapore! woohoo!



anyway I just very happy with today's results... maybe very long never swim... but still did ok overall... at least got champion for both individual and women's doubles... second for mixed doubles.. yeah i guess its quite an achievement already...for someone who haven been swimming much...


anyway today me damn lucky.. got medals plus got 2 lucky draw prizes! haha... madness... but today damn lucky la... anyway KUDOs to the organising committee for NIE biathlon!... yeah man...Peh and Vanessa u rocks... manage to organise such an event even though only 6 days were given to U all...

Congrats to all the winners ... Mok,Kannan, Leonard, Zhi yong, Adeline, Ziyun, Eileen, and everybody else... and even to those who finished the race..! haah u did it!

OH YA AND MY SISTER JUNKO TAN SOK TIN... SHE

DID A DAMN GOOD JOB... SWAM A 11 MIN AND RAN

FAST.. OVERALL GOT 9TH FOR WOMEN'S OPEN...

WOO HOO !!!


now is resting time.... and DO WORK!!!

No comments: