Monday, February 25, 2008

nus biathlon

back in school after a long weekend... never really rested well.. brought back stuff to do and mark but realised that i din have the time to mark them though...
anyway I had several races last week... finished NUS bi... gotten quite good results.. surprised me with my run results... all this while since last year Oct.. i gave up swimming... totally din train at all.. i focussed on my run.. did lots of training with coach.. and ended up only running intervals and not long runs... my long runs never exceeded 12km... it was a rule set by coach.. and ironically when i saw my 10km results for the NUS bi.. i was totally shocked.. it was 41 mins plus plus... so much better then my usual 48mins.. maybe the route was not really accurate...

however, the race was did really well.. i planned my race really well...i swam a comfortable and easy swim.. fighting against the waves.. huge and undulating... all the way, i swam with Clarissa, a national triathlete...through the swim, i was hit by people... hit by fist and legs, punched and whacked.. and i literally pushed these people off... i could feel my championship chip nearly dropped off in the sea.. worried as i was.. i just managed to get out of the water 5th in the swim i guess...changed into my clothes.. din even bother to wear my top jersey and my socks as i usually would... and ran off... comfortably, i sped off using a comfortable pace.. overtook Clarissa and then headed off the chase a lady in front...
I was having fever for 5 days. .. and was disallowed to race initially by friends and JD... somebody said "if u were to collapse during the race, this will be your last race." but judging on my character, i merely controlled my pace.. throughout the run, i did feel the sense of dizzinesss... i wanted to stop and walk.. but somehow, a boost of strength telling me that I am a "No stopper"... yup... and then i continued.. taking into account that I MUST NOT FALL... must be strong... and i breezed my way through the first 5 km... at the u-turn mark, i spotted a female athlete in front.. i sped up and braved myself for the last 5km... i realised that my legs were not as tired as last time... the lactate acid in my legs were not acting up as they used to... it was really comfortable... and i overtook the lady... but at the 8 km mark, i could see a Japanese lady chasing me real hard from behind... she is a sub 3 plus marathon runner.. her speed was wow.!.... and i had to keep going.. constantly reminding myself that if i slowed down, i would be caught up...

and there i went.. towards the finishing line, i got 2nd.. won the Japanese lady..but lost to a Ang Moh whom i never seen in the race... after i looked at the results, i realised i was out of the swim behind the champion but my run was faster.. however due to the 3 mins slower in the swim, i could not catch up with her...

its ok... for me, it was really a good race... for me, this year is a marathon year... not a triathlon year... well when u race.. keep in mind that the race is for yourself.. and what your goal is, only then can we achieve to a level of satisfaction...

i really felt the joy when friends mentioned that my run had improved.. i din realis it myself, . and thanks to michelle for the photos.. i love it a lot..!
n shu!who braved the race with a diahhroea! gd job!

n our photos after the race!
and obviously my most supportive supporter.. who also did the race and came in top 50!

and then i was up on the stage with Dr Bervin Lee... haha seen him quite a few times on the stage.. he keeps saying "so when is the next race i am going to present prizes to you again?"




No comments: