Tuesday, March 20, 2007

updates

I had Singapore Biathlon on Saturday and KL marathon on Sunday... on Saturday, it was an enjoyable day... darling was there with his good friend too... i reached the reporting area quite late and the helpers who were there asked me... "eh a bit late right"... aah then when i went to the body marking area, I saw Willie, a friend from NDU... and he was in charge over there... and when a helper was marking my body with the Black marker... he came over and say "eh this one should use white marker... so dark skin. black cannot see"... eh willie... you said this last year during my Singapore Biathlon... say something better leh...

I was like in a rush when I went to put my stuff at the transition area... and after settling everything, i rushed to the toilet like some mad person... and then ran to the start point... over there I saw Vicky... she was the champion last year... or rather she is always the champion in every triathlon and biathlon race... but she is super friendly and approacheable and not arrogant... thats where i like about her...

the race started off swiftly... I was having a great time swimming in the sea. though at the start there were the usual fights, trying to climb over each other in the sea, pulling and pushing, scratching and etc.... I still made my way to the front pack... and i followed till the end of the swim... I came out of the sea being 5th in the swim for women...then I changed into my running attire and headed out... and while running, i Spotted this lady, middle age lady from Hongkong... she had swift legs... and that time i saw her, i knew for that instant, i wun be able to win her... so i was already demoralised... then when i saw christel and vicky at the first U-turn point, i knew the distance was too big to catch... i was hoping for the best...

the good part was that I felt very easy through the whole run, legs did not feel tired, instead they felt very light... and was good overall... and i could run faster and faster... however I made a point not to push too hard... then i overtook 1 girl and continued... at some point, i heard some people calling "xiao hei jia you!" haah i knew that they were alphon and sandy... i saw sandy and her baby but did not see Alphon though... I missed these people a lot though...and I heard Alphon shouting "run faster la!" at that instant, i wanted to shout back, eh u think i dun wanna run faster ah, not easy leh... haha... but still it was very heart warming...

i ran and ran, saw Vicky, Sunny, Zhixiang and cheered for them as i ran. But i could not see my brother, at one point, i got quite worried, I was very sure he is one of the top few people out of the swim, but i was worried his leg got trouble for him... but still I had confident that he will do well... at the 9 km mark, nearing the end, I saw this figure in front of me. It was christel. I knew that she was currently in the 3rd position at that time, with Vicky 1st and the Hongkong lady 2nd... and i Chased.. i really chased like mad... I was thinking ... this is it... 700 bucks and If i get her i would be winning 700 bucks again, like last year... I finally chased her and lead a gap... and behind me came running strong - a girl from overseas too... i crossed the finishing end line 3rd...

everyone thought I was third position and the Organisers put my name up as third position... and i thought i would have won 700 bucks... can go thailand with darling in April or can also buy a new phone to replace the one i lost... just as I was about to go up the stage to get the prize... the organisers told me that there is a change in results... and they said that because they forgot to include the corporate women in our race results. the corporate women also qualify for the women's open category, but they swam in a different wave as us... and then what i knew, I was fourth in position... and guess what... 4th to 10th position for all individual events were all 50 bucks... plus a timex watch and a water bottle... it makes no sense that 4th to 10th position all the same prize... they should have reduced the prize money gradually like say 4th prize-$500, 5th-$400, 6th-$300, 7th-$200, 8th-$100, 9th-$50 and 10th-$50.... this is what the people who commonly raced in triathlon events told me too... they said it was not justifiable... even singapore marathon had such practice... why not singapore biathlon... and the entry fee this year was raised again... why not the prize money... people like us raced so hard. and if the 4th and 5th were not much behind the 3rd, its also rightful to acknowledge the effort put in by all the prize winners... maybe they got to revame their prize system ...

I took my prize and left and I din know that they gave me 700 bucks instead of 50 bucks as a mistake. by the time i knew, I was already on my way to KL for my marathon the next day... When I spoke to sunny, he say "you are too honest".... should have just said I din received the call and too late, I spent the money away... ahah...but we both agreed, not very good on the integrity too... ahaha anyway spending someone's prize money which is not mine will not look good on me, I will not feel good either... so have to return... next time I will win it with my own capabilities...

Happy for Vicky who won this year again, kudos to Sunny who achieved 3rd in men's open and 1st in corporate challenge team event, happy for my brother who finsihed 17th and got 1st in corporate challenge team event, Happy for Zhixiang who won 20th in individual men's open, good job to Gino for winning 4th in men's open... and good job to NUS teams... for ripping away all the 1st, 2nd and 3rd for corporate challenge... yup...

happy to my darling too... for taking part in the biathlon and doing a good swim and a splendid run...

all are happy... except for me who is so unhappy with myself and my results...
this year seems to be a bad year for me... looks like I have been down on luck for all my races... NUS biathlon, X physique, Singapore Biathlon... seems like I dun feel like racing this year... I am very scared to fail again....

No comments: